Audion Sterling KT88 Anniversary Push Pull Hard Wired Mono Block Amplifiers
EXCLUSIVELY IMPORTED BY TRUE AUDIOPHILE.
Audion Sterling KT88 Push Pull Anniversary Mono Block amplifiers are hard wired point to point using better graded components and larger, hand-built Audion wound output transformers (EI96). Volume control on the front and stereo inputs on the rear means that a pre-amplifier is not necessary. Auto biased. Takes almost any KT88 (supplied with JJ tubes) delivers a conservative 45 CLEAN watts into 8 ohms. Therefore, it has the power of competitors boasting 70-80W.
This Audion Sterling KT-88 Anniversary edition Mono Blocks use a push pull design for greater power while losing little of the finesse of the PSE Its still very musical with smooth transients, good signal handling and tight response curves. Anniversary products excel due to the larger transformers and better grade components.
The Audion Sterling Stereo KT88 is a very conservative rated at 45 watts. This larger output power amp is better suited for more difficult loads, the KT88 is a robust tube that has a good overall sonic performance. The Sterling Anniversary is a good entry level hard wired (Air Wired©) Class A power amplifier, sonically very airy with good response. It sounds far better than its price suggests. In most cases competing with products 1.5 - 2x its price point.
This Audion amp is suited for use with loudspeakers of 83-85db or better efficiency. Ideally matched with Audion range of Proton cables. The chassis is black powder coated aluminum as is the transformer cover. The top plate and badge are mirror finished stainless steel.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
Warramty: 2 years. Tubes 6 months.
Audion Sterling KT88 Push Pull Anniversary Specifications:
Power: 45 Watts Class A into 8 Ohms at 120V AC
Load: 4 – 8 Ohm Nominal
Distortion @ 1Watt: <0.1% No Feedback
Frequency Response: 40KHz ±1 db
Sensitivity: Variable >200mV Full output
Noise: < (CCIR) – 85 db
Consumption: 160 Watts
Tubes: 2 x KT88, 2 x 6H1N per mono
Size - 16.5in deep, 9in wide and 7.4in tall - Less tubes Weight 24.25 lbs per mono-block
Fuses - Power 4A / 120V