Audion Sterling StereoKT88 Anniv. ParallelSingleEnded HardWired Monos
EXCLUSIVELY IMPORTED BY TRUE AUDIOPHILE
Audion Sterling KT88 Anniversary Parallel SE Mono Block amplifier. Hard wired point to point using better grade components and larger, hand-built Audion wound output transformers (EI96).Volume control on front and stereo inputs on the rear means a pre-amplifier is not necessary. Auto biased. Takes almost any KT88 (Unit is supplied with JJ tubes) delivers a conservative 30 CLEAN watts into 8 ohms. Therefore, it has the power of competitors boasting 55-65W.
This Audion Sterling KT-88 Anniversary edition Parallel Single Ended Mono Block amplifiers are designed for greater power while retaining the SE sound. Musical with smooth transients, good signal handling and tight response curves. Anniversary products excel due to the larger transformers and better grade components.
The Audion KT88 mono amps uses a small amount of feedback in the design is a very conservative rated at 30 watts. This larger output power amp is better suited for more difficult loads, the KT88 is a robust tube that has a good overall sonic performance. The Sterling Anniversary is a good entry level hard wired (Air Wired©) Class A power amplifier, sonically very airy with good response. It sounds far better than its price suggests. In most cases competing with products 1.5 - 2x its price point.
This Audion amp is suited for use with loudspeakers of 85db or better efficiency. Ideally matched with Audion range of Proton cables. The chassis is black powder coated aluminum as is the transformer cover. The top plate and badge are mirror finished stainless steel.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
LINK to all the Audion Products
Warranty: 2 years. Tubes 6 months.
Audion Sterling KT88 Anniversary Specifications:
Power: 30 Watts Class A into 8 Ohms at 120V AC
Load: 4 – 8 Ohm Nominal
Distortion @ 1Watt: <0.1% No Feedback
Frequency Response: 40KHz ±1 db
Sensitivity: Variable >200mV Full output
Noise: < (CCIR) – 85 db
Consumption: 160 Watts
Tubes: 2 x KT88, 2 x 6H1N per mono
Size - 16.5in deep, 9in wide and 7.4in tall - Less tubes Weight 24.25 lbs per mono-block
Fuses - Power 4A / 120V