Audion Select MC1 Moving Coil Step Up Transformer
EXCLUSIVELY IMPORTED BY TRUE AUDIOPHILE
Stripped of tubes, not performance. This a winner in the phono stage wars...Mini Review by True Audiophile
This Select MC1 step up transformer is a great match with our Premier line/Phono pre-amps. This is a very good premium Transformer step up which is used with either an Audion MM phono stage or any other pre-amplifier other than ours that does not have an MC step up fitted.
Quality both inside and out
The MC1's transformer is quite a special trasformer using micro winding techniques from our heanium gated tensioners which allow micro accurate tensioning. Built in the same outer can and with very similar materials and winding techniques to our TVC transformer the MC1 is extremely fast and capable of handling the most intricate and detailed musical passages as well as the subtle nuances from very low output MC cartrdiges. Outstanding performance, lightning quick response curves and terrific transparency.
Designed to work well below 10hz and above 60Khz. The output is at 47kohm so ideally suited for our pre-amp MM RIAA stage. We measured it totally linear between 10hz and 20khz and at -3db to a little over 60Khz.
Shown here is an internal view of the Select MC1 with it's large step up transformer cans.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
LINK to all the Audion Products
Warranty: 2 years.
1:10 ratio designed for 100 ohm cartridges
1:20 ratio for 25 ohm cartridges.
Built with 2 MC level inputs switched from the rear panel for 25 or 100 ohm and 2 outputs at 47K MM level designed to feed directly to an MM RIAA phono stage.
Dimensions: 9x9x3.5 inch