I have put about 30 hours of break-in on the Audion and it is sounding fabulous. It is exceeding all my expectations. I'll give you an additional report when it reaches that 100 hour mark you recommended.
Audion Premier MM Phono Stage Amplifier
EXCLUSIVELY IMPORTED BY TRUE AUDIOPHILE
This Audion phono amp is built on a quality substrate pcb and as with all our amps they are hand built, active Class A stage using a transformer less design, which means matching is very easy. It is far less critical of capacitance, resistance, impedance, inductance or reactance matching that transformer couple RIAA stages normally need.
With the Audion Premier MM Phono Stage the soundstage is believably big, and allows the recording’s capabilities to shine through. Musicians are convincingly placed. Noise level is pitch black. Roll off in both directions is seamless. Resolution is astounding, with absolutely convincing depth even at very low listening levels. It does not beautify bad records, but it gives sparkle to great recordings, and preserves tonality, rhythm and sense of space. We refer to this as being neutral, but not sterile or warm or tubelike.
The Audion Premier chassis is black powder coated aluminum as is the transformer cover. The top plate and badge are mirror finished stainless steel. The Phono MM stage uses NOS Russian 6H23N tubes, it also has a ground lift switch at the rear to assist in resolving grounding issues by floating the ground internally above mains ground.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
Warranty: 2 years. Tubes 6 months.
Audion Premier MM Phono Stage Specifications:
Sensitivity Ref – 0dbV 2.0mV MM
Phase - Correct
Distortion @ 1V Noise (CCIR) Frequency Response: 11 – 185KHz ±1 db RIAA
Signal to Noise: >70 db
Inputs: 2 x 1 Phono MM
Outputs: 2 x 1 Main Out
Consumption: 12 Watts
Tubes: 2 x 6922 or E88CC
Size - 16.5in deep, 9in wide and 6.29in tall - Less tubes
Weight 15.4 lbs Fuses - Power 1A / 120V
MC cartridge + Audion MC step up + Audion MM phono stage = WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!!