EAT Petit Tube Phono Preamp
Now at True Audiophile
This little phono stage is giving us a blinking fit. Can this incredible tone be coming from this small tube-phono? So clean. So neutral. So extended. It has most of the settings of the $7K older brother, with switching on the fly using soft fade to switch so no harm to gear or speakers. For our money, there's no phono stage that competes with it at the price. Like, none. --TA
Available for In-Home Demo if you Live in Portland, Oregon
An elegant high-end tube phono preampliﬁer living in a petite design!
After the tremendous successes of the E-Glo S and Reference, EAT has brought that performance to an extremely affordable offering.
E-Glo Petit follows those footsteps with a totally understated design, yet stil delivers a superb sound in a small and compact form factor. Breathtaking dynamics, midrange clarity and high resolution make the E-Glo Petit something very unique considering its affordability.
EAT uses discrete technology – no Operational Amplifiers in design of the E-Glo Petit. Discrete technology out preforms Op Amps in every aspect (except the price).
Two 12AX7 dual triodes comprise the tube section of our hybrid phono preamp. Special low-noise J-FET transistor 2SK209 is utilized for the input. These transistors would be good enough for every other phono preamplifier. But not for EAT! They used four devices in cascode - parallel. This combination allows EAT to achieve extremely low noise even at high gain.
Is there any other tube phono preamplifier that has S/N 87dB (A-weighted) at 70dB gain across the whole audio range? Think about that.
EAT strongly believes correctly that a well filtered power supply is an integral part of signal path. That is why they always give the psu their highest attention in all their designs. Regulated and well filtered power supplies are the key to great sound.
In case of E-Glo Petit they designed a very special power supply capable of delivering a very high anode voltage for the 12AX7 triodes. This allows EAT to operate them in their most linear range.
EAT now offers three phono preamps from $1495 to $6995 to upgrade the analog experience for a wide range of turntables and cartridges via their easy access to a the key adjustments necessary for the best integration!
Available with Macassar or Special Order Gloss Black side panels.
Save $200 off of full retail when you add the LPS - Dual Linear Power Supply for a specially price combo of $2595
- Impedance (low): 10, 18, 43, 75, 150, 300, 600 1200
- Ohm Impedance (high): 30, 36, 42, 47, 53, 59 65, 75 k Ohm
- Input capacitance: 50, 150, 270, 370, 520, 620pF
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Gain: 40, 45, 50, 60, 65, 70dB
- S/N: 87 dB (A weighted, 70 dB (20Hz-20kHz)
- Max Input Voltage: 65mV rms, 1kHz, 40dB, 1kHz
- Max Output Voltage: 7.5Vrms, THD max 1%
- THD: <0,15% 5mV/1kHz Gain=45dB
- RIAA-Accuracy: Within 0.1dB/20Hz - 20kHz
- Subsonic Filter: @20Hz with18dB/Octave
- Crosstalk: > 98dB, 5mV, 10kHz, gain 40dB Line level
- Input: RCA Line level
- Output: RCA
- Outboard power supply: 18V/1000mA DC
- Power Consumption: 450 mA DC, <0.5W Standby
- Dimensions W x D x H: 8.9 x 10.3 x 3 inches
- Weight: 5.1 lbs