Audion Premier Quattro Four-Box. Considered the finest preamplifier ever made.
EXCLUSIVELY IMPORTED BY TRUE AUDIOPHILE
After selling a lot of these ultimate 4-box Quattro's its very clear they deserve their title, "Best pre-amp ever made with phono" by a reviewer. These are magnificent pre-amps loaded with proprietary tech. Due to its outstanding performance it well deserves our Best in Class Award. -- TA
Featuring Audion's special unity buffer, zero gain stage technology.
The Audion top-of-the-line, line level with moving coil phono stage 4 box mono-block pre-amplifier is totally hard wired point to point and hand built using solid 5 * 9’s silver wire in all its audio path and specially selected and matched components to make it one of the best sounding preamps in the world! Featuring Audion's special unity gain, zero gain stage technology. Audion Premier Quattro line level preamplifier is available in our Uni-chassis’, and includes an MC stage for even the most sensitive of cartridges, it is a true high-end, high quality product capable of handling a massive array of sources.
There are 4 line level inputs and an MC input. The Audion Quattro preamplifier is the finest stock preamplifier ever made according to reviewers. It has the benefits of both simplicity of design and superb execution.
- 4 chassis totally dual-mono construction
- Power supplies use only polypropylene capacitors
- Only 4 tubes in the entire signal path from the cartridge
- 21 active power supply stages.
- Transformer-less design
- Direct cathode coupled with no input, interstage or output wound components making cartridge matching completely automatic
- Extremely fast and capable of handling the most intricate and detailed passages of music.
- Outstanding performance, lightning quick response curves and terrific transparency.
We would recommend only two upgrades to this pre-amp, and upon Arthur Salvatore’s recommendation we would advise customers purchasing this to include Teflon V-caps and either Vishay Dale stepped attenuators or Goldpoint or our newest which is a precision enclosed stepped attenuator.
The 4 box Audion Quattro pre-amp uses NOS Russian 6H23N tubes as standard, it also has a ground lift switch at the rear to assist in resolving grounding issues by floating the ground internally above mains ground.
Each Quattro 4-box is so complex and intricate it takes a full 2 weeks to build a set.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
Warranty: 2 years. Tubes 6 months.
Audion Quattro preamplifier Specifications:
Sensitivity Ref – 0dbV 0.4mVMC Phono
Gain: 69dB Phono
Phase - Correct
Distortion @ 1V Noise (CCIR) Frequency Response: 20 – 205KHz ±1 db RIAA
Signal to Noise: >70 db
Inputs: 1 MC Phono, 4 Line
Outputs: 2 Main Out, 1 x tape
Consumption: 12 Watts
Tubes: 4 x 6H23N or 4 x E88CC
Impedance: 47K / 100 Ohms
Size - 16.5 in deep, 9 in wide
and 6.3 in tall - Less tubes
Weight 13.22 lbs each pre 15.43 lbs PSU each Mono-block
Fuses - Power 1A / 120V
There are no product reviews
*The Audion Quattro is a full preamplifier, so it is not also included in this dedicated Phono Stage File. However, the Quattro, along with the Jadis JP-80 (highly modified), are still the two reference standards that we use to judge separate phono stages. While no dedicated phono stage has fully matched them yet in overall performance, the Aesthetix IO has come close enough to enter Class A" -- Reference components
"The Audio Quattro is the finest stock preamplifier ever made to our knowledge. Its phono stage can accommodate only low output moving coils, and its line-stage is just a cathode follower without any gain. It has the benefits of both simplicity of design and superb execution (with only 4 tubes in the entire signal path, a 4 chassis totally dual-mono construction and the power supplies use only polypropylene capacitors)." read entire review