All NEW Cambridge Audio CD10-B CD Player. Cambridge Audio Award Winner.
Now at True Audiophile
NOTE: This is a discontinued model. However, we have one new in the Box and will sell it for our cost. No warranty.
An amazing value in a CD player
We're not certain how Cambridge Audio squeezed so much performance and great sound into a player at this price, but when it sounds this good, who's asking questions? The CD10's handsome brushed aluminum faceplate is built around a sturdy, all-metal chassis equipped with top-notch hi-fi circuitry. You get a precision transport, dual-sided circuit boards for ultra-short signal paths, and a premium Wolfson digital-to-analog converter (DAC) — all geared to extract every drop of information from your CD library.
Praise for the CD10
"From the first disc to the last the CD10 went about its business without a hitch. Tonally neutral but with a slightly forward middle range, it has enough smoothness and detail to make you think you might have stolen something. Some players convey a flatness, perhaps best described as a lack of color or rhythmic energy. But this player just had an engaging liveliness that kept me focused on the music rather than the clock...the Topaz CD10 is a real standout — a potential MVP".
—Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound, September 2010
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- does not support gapless playback
- Wolfson Microelectronics WM8761 digital-to-analog converter
- all printed circuit boards use double-sided, fully surface mounted components for ultra-short signal paths and optimum sound quality
- two-pole Butterworth filter reduces AC line noise for quieter operation
- brushed aluminum front panel with wrap-over lid assembly controls resonance
- RCA coaxial digital output
- 1 pair RCA analog outputs
- signal-to-noise ratio (A weighted): >95 dB
- detachable power cable
- weight: 9.5 lbs.
- 17"W x 2-15/16"H x 13-13/16"D