Audion Premier 2.0 Line /MM active class A pre-amplifier.
Exclusively imported by True Audiophile.
Built with 4 line level inputs and an MM phono stage, switched from the front panel, 2 line outputs and a direct unswitched tape output. Plus Audion's special unity gain, zero gain stage technology Premier 2.0 Line /MM as with all our pre-amps they feature a transformer less design direct cathode coupled with no input, inter stage or output wound components making this preamps extremely fast and capable of handling the most intricate and detailed passages of music that can be shown them. Outstanding performance, lightning quick response curves and terrific transparency.
The 2.0 line / phono 2 box pre-amp uses NOS Russian 6H1N-EB tubes as standard, it also has a ground lift switch at the rear to assist in resolving grounding issues by floating the ground internally above mains ground. We recommend our Proton or Electron cables with this step up. The chassis is black powder coated aluminum as is the transformer cover. The top plate and badge are mirror finished stainless steel.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
Warranty: 2 Years. Tubes 6 Months.
Audion Premier 2-box preamplifier Specifications:
Active Power Supply – on board regulation
Impedance: 47K / 254 Ohms
Sensitivity Variable >1.1V Line, 2 mV Phono
Phase - Correct
Distortion @ 1V
Frequency Response: 11 – 185KHz ±1 db RIAA
Signal to Noise: >70 db
Inputs: 3 Line Level, 1 x tape, 1 x Phono
Outputs: 2 Main Out, 1 tape
Consumption: 12 Watts
Tubes: 2 x 6H23N or E88CC
Size - 16.5in deep, 9in wide and 7.4in tall - Less tubes
Weight 27 lbs pre 13.22 lbs each
Fuses - Power 2A / 120V