Audion Silver Night 300B Stereo PCB Stereo Amplifier
Exclusively imported by True Audiophile
Audion Silver Night MK1 300B Stereo amplifier is our entry level, high quality PCB, zero feedback, uses the well known 300B tubes. Like all our amplifiers it is hand built. The volume control on the front and stereo inputs on the rear means that a pre-amplifier is not necessary with this unit. The amp is auto biased. It will take almost any 300B (Unit is supplied with JJ tubes) delivers a conservative 7 CLEAN watts into 8 ohms. Therefore, it has the power of competitors boasting 14-16W.
Audion Silver Night Mk1 300B PCB stereo amplifier is a triode based stereo amp uses no (zero) feedback in the design.. As with all our components we avoid using Chinese parts. The Silver Night range of amplifiers are the best known of the Audion products, and the ones that have won the most awards, notably amp of the year in Japan 2010.
The Audion Silver Night Mk1 300b Class A power amplifier has 8 ohm outputs and stereo inputs. Its very conservative rated at 7 watts. It sounds far better than its price suggests. In most cases competing with products 1.5 - 2x its price point.
This Audion amp is suited for use with loudspeakers of 89db or better efficiency. Ideally matched with Audion range of Proton cables. Integrated option (5 Stereo inputs is available). The chassis is black powder coated aluminum as is the transformer cover. The top plate and badge are mirror finished stainless steel.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
Warranty: 2 years. Tubes 6 months.
Audion Silver Night Mk1 300B PCB Specifications:
Power: 2 x 7 Watts Class A into 8 Ohms at 120V AC
Load: 8 Ohm Nominal
Distortion @ 1Watt: Frequency Response: 20 – 24KHz ±3 db
Sensitivity: Variable >150mV Full output
Noise: < (CCIR) – 90 db
Consumption: 145 Watts
Tubes: 2 x 300B, 1 x 5687, 1 x 6922
Size - 16.5in deep, 9in wide and 7.4in tall - Less tubes Weight 24.25 lbs
Fuses - Power 4A / 120V