Audion Golden Dream 2 300B Hard Wired Mono Blocks
EXCLUSIVELY IMPORTED BY TRUE AUDIOPHILE.
The Golden Dream is a self-canceling Parallel single-ended design, zero feedback utilizing two 300B tubes in parallel configuration per mono-block. There are five different levels of refinement in the GD line, designated as Level 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. This amplifier is hand built and hard wired using solid silver 5 *9’s in all of the audio path. 20 Wpc into 4 & 8 ohm. Therefore, it has the power of competitors boasting 30-37W.
Golden Dream 2 300B is our finest and highest regarded amplifier. “Self-Canceling” topology aims at canceling out second order harmonic distortion inherent in tube amplifiers. The proprietary topology accords superior impedance matching to drive the output tubes slightly harder, yielding two additional watts from each 300B, and inducing transient and bottom-end response “very difficult to find in other amplifiers.”
The Golden Dream uses JJ300B’s in Level 5 as standard but can also be supplied with a choice of 300B’s on levels 7 and up. This amp will work with most speakers over 88db efficiency. Ideally matched with our range of Electron cables. 5 level upgrade options are available for this model, see upgrade options at end. To provide the fastest transient response possible, solid-state rectification is used, and the design and its implementation ensures phase coherent harmonic structure throughout the frequency spectrum.
A volume control on the front and mono inputs on the rear means that a pre-am is not necessary, but is advised.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
Warranty: 2 years. Tubes 6 months.
Golden Dream Specifications:
Power: 18 Watts Class A into 8 Ohms at 120V AC Load: 4 – 8 Ohm Nominal
Distortion @ 1Watt: <0.1% No Feedback
Frequency Response: Sensitivity: Variable >150mV Full output
Noise: < (CCIR) – 90 db
Consumption: 168 Watts
Tubes: 2 x 300B, 1 x CVX120, 1 x CVX100 each mono
Size - 18.11 in deep, 10.2 in wide and 9.8 in tall - Less tubes
Weight 26.5 lbs per mono
Fuses - Power 4A / 120V